St. Pancras International
About the project
St. Pancras station opened in 1868 and is one of the wonders of Victorian engineering. Along with the former Midland Grand Hotel, it is a masterpiece of Victorian Gothic architecture and one of the most elegant stations in the World. It was built by the Midland Railway Company (MRC) to connect London with some of England’s major cities and was intended to make a grand statement about the Company with a display of physical magnificence.
This historic train station has MICC installed so that it can stay intact if there were to ever be a fire. Cutting off the quick spread of fire is hugely important in any public building, and St. Pancras welcomes over 30 million people every year. The continuation of critical systems is essential for a building that hundreds of thousands of people enter and exit each day.